Tuesday 5 February 2013

Finally

I've been looking for a good quality diver's watch for quite some time. In my current situation a Rolex Submariner isn't really an option, so I've been looking into other options that would still give me a wellmade automatic diver that looks great and will last. After a long search and weighing of different options this is what Fedex brought me yesterday.




An Armida A2 500. A proper text with a lot of photos will follow this or the next weekend, but first impression is that it's truely what I was looking for. A beautiful piece and seems like pretty fantastic quality for the price.

9 comments:

  1. Nice one! Take a look at Steinhart, I have a diver from them and it is of great quality. It also has a swiss ETA inside which is really great for 350 euros or so.

    Vali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about Steinhart's OVM for a long time, but after hearing so much from my friends on how it's just a Rolex Milsub replica I decided to go for something at least a bit different but made in the spirit of the Milsub. I have to say, they totally poisoned the idea of a pure hommage watch for me. :)

      Anyway, after wearing this for two days I must say I'm happy I picked the Armida.

      Delete
  2. http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4214/36682785.jpg

    The Seiko SKX007 is a nice piece! Premium japanese automatic watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wear Armida which has been one of my best buys ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That seems like a nice milsub! Did you buy it from Armida website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and yes, I did. Now on my wrist on a navy NATO.

      Delete
  5. I chose a Longines Legend Diver with a NATO stripes black and khaki .... and it looks great!
    I love diver's.
    Nice purchase
    J Escarpa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I had some Longines models in my mind a well originally. :)

      Delete